Plan to Eat makes planning nutritious healthy meals for your family so easy! It’s just an easy click and drag to plan out weeks of healthy meals, and they give you a shopping list to match! Be sure to check out their website!
A delicious and refreshing pesto sauce great for any summer day! This pesto can be tossed with pasta, added to rice, or can be rubbed over fish or chicken, yum!!!
Main Ingredient: Vegetables
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 2 hr
Total Time: 2 hr 15 min
- 2 cups washed fresh basil loosely packed
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine basil, pine nuts, and garlic in food processor or blender.
- Blend until mixture becomes course.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil slowly, pulsing the mixture and adding oil until pesto reaches desired consistency.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.