From its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to its high levels of vitamins C, E and K, this crust-free cobbler offers an array of health benefits. It's also an excellent source of dietary fiber, manganese and those hard-to-find omega-3 fatty acids. While the recipe calls for dried cranberries, try using fresh, raw cranberries instead to maintain the berries synergistic benefits, thereby significantly increasing the cobbler's nutritional content.
Photo credit: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.phpdbid=177&tname=recipe
Main Ingredient: Fruit
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 medium organic orange
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (try using fresh raw cranberries instead)
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1⁄2 ripe organic pear firm variety
- 1⁄4 cup and 2 tbsp walnuts
- Grate enough orange rind to make 1 tsp zest and place in a mixing bowl. Cut the orange in half and juice both halves into the same bowl.
- Add cranberries and honey then mix until the honey is dissolved. Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the cranberries to soften.
- Once the cranberries have softened, cut the pear into 1/4-inch cubes and add to the bowl, then add 1/4 cup of walnuts and stir.
- Divide the mixture into two dessert dishes and sprinkle each with 1 tbsp of the chopped walnuts.