Plan to Eat makes planning nutritious healthy meals for your family so easy! It’s just an easy click and drag to plan out weeks of healthy meals, and they give you a shopping list to match! Be sure to check out their website!
This light salmon recipe has bone-healthy Vitamin D, calcium, and essential fatty acids. Even the fresh dill adds additional calcium while the olive oil provides additional omega oils for joint, bone, and muscle health.
Course: Main Course
Main Ingredient: Fish
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 2-2 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallions white and green parts
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the salmon fillet in a glass, ceramic, or stainless-steel roasting dish and season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the scallions, dill, and parsley.
- Scatter the herb mixture over the salmon fillet, turning it so that both sides are generously coated with the green herbs.
- Pour the wine around the fish fillet.
- Roast the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, until almost cooked in the center at the thickest part.
- The center will be firm with just a line of uncooked salmon in the very center.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut the salmon crosswise into serving pieces and serve hot with lemon wedges.